1. Before trying to update the firmware, please check which firmware version you have as an update may not be required. This is done by right clicking on the IR Trans icon in the taskbar and selecting 'Diagnostics'. The box that appears will have the firmware version:
(select your product)
3. Extract the downloaded zip file to a folder. We recommend extracting (Unzipping) it to the root C Drive into a new folder called FLASH
4. Ensure the IR Server is not running. If you can see the Red IR Trans Logo in the task tray you will need to close the IR Server, you can do this by right clicking on the server and clicking on Exit
5. Open a command window. To open a command window click Start-Run then in the window that appears type 'CMD' (Without the quotation marks) and click ok.
6. Navigate to the extraction folder. Once you have opened the command window you will need to navigate to the folder where you have extracted the files, if you are extracted the files to C:/FLASH and you are using a standard Media Center installation you can navigate to the folder by Typing as follows:
CD/ 'press enter'
CD FLASH 'press enter'
7. Execute the Firmware Update. The final update step is to execute the firmware update command, you can do this when you are in the folder with the extracted files and typing:
runme.bat (or typing 'flash_update oae_x.x.x.rom USB' where x.x.x is the firmware version)
Then pressing the enter key..
The firmware update process will now take place.
The Power On and other Firmware settings might get lost during the update, and may need to be re-configured.
DO NOT CYCLE POWER OR REBOOT THE PC DURING THE UPDATE! This will cause irreversible damage to the device.
After the process is completed you have completed the firmware update.
8. Finally check you have correctly installed the firmware. This is done by repeating step 1.